Magellan 4010

Discussions in french or english / Discussions en anglais ou fran

Moderator: S1G

silk2001ad
Navigator

Magellan 4010

Post by silk2001ad »

Hi there.
I'm new to gps's in general but fairly computer literate.
I bought a magellan maestro 4010 yesterday and decided to follow the steps to install file manager and the media player etc.
Whilst copying things across i stupidly replaced navigator.exe instead of renaming it to mynavigator.exe.
I checked the magellan website for replacement firmware but there doesn't seem to be any for the 4010 so i downloaded the one for the 4040 and extracted the navigator .exe from it and transeferred it on to the gps.
The software will now run but asks for me to insert an sd card with maps on constantly I think after reading above they must be incompatible.
The original maps are still on the gps untouched (all of the original files are intact except navigator.exe)
I have checked media.cfg is ok and it all seems fine to me.
I know i should have made a backup etc but i didn't and am now at a loss.
Could some kind soul please give me some advice and/or let me know where to get appropriate firmware/files from.
The gps was bought in the UK and will be used there.
And I would be happy to just return it to its original state and forget about media player etc.
I have registered the GPS with Magellan and it still shows no firmware for the 4010.. infact half the time the 4010 isnt even on their menus.

The details when i went to product info are as follows:
Firmware: 1.27
Model No: EU
Hardware version: 1
Product ID: 722
OS Version: R09
SH Version: 2.05
Navigator version 1.06

I'm not sure if the navigator version is correct as when i right click and go to the properties on the file it says version 2.34.0.0 size 9.88mb
I just took the navigator.exe form the 2.36 firmware i downloaded (but the GPS would not recognise saying product identifier does not match) and dragged it on to the Gps to replace the one i deleted.

I guess what i essentially need is the navigator.exe from a magellan device with firmware 1.27 or some more up to date EU firmware.

Hope someone can help.
Thanks in advance
Matt
inkognito
Senior Experte *****

Post by inkognito »

Hi Matt,

I will prepare a 4010 1.27 backup for You and send you the download link. Stay tuned :-)

Gruss, Matz
Gruss, Matz
Seid nett zu Eurem GPS und geht mit ihm nach draussen !
silk2001ad
Navigator

Post by silk2001ad »

You are a true gent :)
Thankyou very much
silk2001ad
Navigator

Post by silk2001ad »

I think just navigator.exe from a 1.27 machine may be enough :)
Would be worth trying before doing the whole firmware perhaps.
Thanks again
Matt :D
inkognito
Senior Experte *****

Post by inkognito »

it was a hard search ;-) but i finally found the Maestro 4010 FW 1.27 backup. Here: http://www.file-upload.net/download-117 ... P.rar.html
You'll find an archive containing the complete APP folder.

Gruss, Matz
Gruss, Matz
Seid nett zu Eurem GPS und geht mit ihm nach draussen !
silk2001ad
Navigator

Post by silk2001ad »

Worked perfectly!
Thankyou so much. Really appreciate your efforts.
Matt
5ancesters
Navigator

maestro 4010

Post by 5ancesters »

silk2001ad wrote:Worked perfectly!
Thankyou so much. Really appreciate your efforts.
Matt
Matt, could you send me a copy of the backup file as I am unable to download it. Thanks
5ancesters
Navigator

Maestro 4010

Post by 5ancesters »

inkognito wrote:Hi Matt,

I will prepare a 4010 1.27 backup for You and send you the download link. Stay tuned :-)

Gruss, Matz
Hi, could you send me a copy of the backup file as I am unable to download it. Thanks
flyingkiwi
Navigator

4010 backup file

Post by flyingkiwi »

inkognito wrote:it was a hard search ;-) but i finally found the Maestro 4010 FW 1.27 backup. Here: http://www.file-upload.net/download-117 ... P.rar.html
You'll find an archive containing the complete APP folder.

Gruss, Matz
The link has expired I guess. Somehow a firmware update wiped my navigator.exe file. Can you make another link or send me the files please.

Thanks
Mike