|Funny trick: how to open locked map in Vantage Point
|Seite 1 von 1|
|Autor:||dimonster2 [ So Mai 31, 2015 3:35 pm ]|
|Betreff des Beitrags:||Funny trick: how to open locked map in Vantage Point|
If you have a locked Magellan map, but you have not got a GPS device or SD card with appropriate serial number, try this:
1) Create an empty folder at your HDD.
2) take any free unlocked map of the same type (.rmp, .imi or .lgt)
3) copy this free map to the folder you just created
4) rename this free map file. The new name of free map must be the same as locked map name.
5) Run VantagePoint and add this renamed free map to VP map list
6) uncheck this map at VP map list
7) Let VantagePoint to run in background. Copy the locked map to the folder you created, overwriting the free map
8) Return to VP and check this map from list. The locked map will appear at your screen without any question. If not, try to move to desired location and zoom level of locked map. Note: The "View" command from map list will not work properly at this case. You should manually move and zoom the map to view it.
NOTE: YOU CAN NOT TRANSFER THE LOCKED MAP TO YOUR GPS DEVICE IF THE MAP IS LOCKED TO OTHER DEVICE. THE MAP IS STILL LOCKED AND WILL NOT WORK IN YOUR DEVICE.
SO, ABUSE OF COMMERCIAL MAPS IS IMPOSSIBLE AT THIS WAY.
You can use this trick for map demonstration purpose only! For example, you will be able to check a map before you buy it.
|Seite 1 von 1||Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group