Crossover-PC-Program

Discussions in french or english / Discussions en anglais ou fran

Moderator: S1G

Snowriver
Navigator

Crossover-PC-Program

Post by Snowriver »

Hello! I live in Sweden and I own a Crossover. It was ment to be my over-all GPS-solution but the lack of compability with any PC-programs at all has reduced its usefulness to just be a car-navigator. As such it works well, so far, but I have heard that Magellan support for car-navigaton in Europe has ceased to exist.Therefor I want to know if there are any solutions to this issue? The simple thing is to just buy another unit and forget the Crossover. The concept is appealing but the follow-up and support is so close to the bottom-line you can get!
Snowriver. :(
goletto
Ehrennavigator ****

Crossover-PC-Program

Post by goletto »

Snowriver wrote:Hello! I live in Sweden and I own a Crossover. ...
Snowriver. :(
Hi Snowriver

There is a usefull description about the Crossover's capabilities under the following link :

http://www.skybert.de/navigation/crosso ... twaretools

It is, however, written in German.

I have recently used my Crossover in the USA on-road and off-road.

I had prepared the off-road tracks at home on the PC with the TTQV-software and then transferred them to the Crossover.
It worked fine.

With kind regards

goletto
inkognito
Senior Experte *****

Post by inkognito »

Since CrossoverGPS uses the same file format like eXplorist units, you can use any compatible product like:
Magellan VantagePoint
Magellan MapSend Lite
waypointer
Easy GPS
TTQV
Cachewolf
You can't connect your CrossoverGPS to any of these software products directly. You have to use the import/export feature and transfer your data files (*.upt, *.log, *.rte) via SD card reader.
Gruss, Matz
Seid nett zu Eurem GPS und geht mit ihm nach draussen !
Snowriver
Navigator

Crossover-PC-Program

Post by Snowriver »

Thanks for the interest in my issue. I will look into this in weeks to come and also improve my german! :). I have some german friends who maybe can assist with translation! I was not aware of the knowledge and experience you obviosly have of the Crossover-device. The support in Sweden is fine but its mostly based on thelephone-contact, and therefore not so convinient for a person who works all day!
Snowriver.